Basic Eligibility Criteria
Our basic eligibility requirements are:
- Must Complete the FAFSA® Form yearly for each academic year. (click here for more detailed information);
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen; have a valid Social Security number (except for students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau);
- Be registered with Selective Service if you’re a male (you must register between 18 and 25 years old);
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program.
- Be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for Direct Loan Program funds.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress in Med Academy school with a minimum of 2.0 GPA.
- Sign the certification statement on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA®) form stating that you are not in default on a federal student loan, you do not owe money on a federal student grant, and you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes, and show you’re qualified to obtain a college or career school education by:
- Having a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law (or—if state law does not require a homeschooled student to obtain a completion credential—completing a high school education in a homeschool setting that qualifies as an exemption from compulsory attendance requirements under state law); or
- Enrolling in an eligible career in Med Academy’s program and meeting all admissions requirements.