Our Associate of Science in MRI Technology Program prepares students who wish to pursue entry-level positions as MRI Technologists in hospitals, diagnostic centers, private physician practices, and clinics.
Jump to: Accreditation, Features, Outcomes, Affiliated Clinical Sites, Program Outline MRI-AS, Program Outline MRI-Diploma, Tuition
Our curriculum provides comprehensive, real-life training to succeed in diagnostic imaging. We are proud to say that:
- Those program graduates with associate degrees are eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification examination in Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- We have partnerships with leading acute care facilities and diagnostic centers throughout our community that provides excellent clinical training experience.
- Our didactic and clinical instructors have years of experience as technologists and educators, specifically in radiology.
Accreditation & License
The Associate of Science in MRI Technology Program offered by Med Academy is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE), Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and recognized by The American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT).
- Associate of Science
- 24 Months Program DurationUniverstiy
- 105 Credit Hours
- Hybrid Delivery Method
- Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
- Completion: 71%
- Placement: 100%
- Licensure: 90%
Affiliated Clinical Sites
- University of Miami (MRI Center)
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Memorial Health System
- Hialeah Hospital
- Bascom Palmer Hospital
- Larkin Community Hospital
- Lakes Radiology
- Vital Imaging Centers
- Universal Imaging
- Medical City
- La Colonia Medical Centers
- Doral Medical Imaging
- Diagnostic Medical Imaging
- Unlimited Diagnostic Center
MRI AS Degree Program Outline
|Class Number||Class Title||Credit Hours|
|GC104||General Survey of Human Anatomy & Physiology I||6|
|GC105||General Survey of Human Anatomy & Physiology II||6|
|HC102||Introduction to Patient Care & Health Professions||6|
|HC103||Medical Ethics, Law, & Cultural Diversities||3|
|RAD101||Introduction to Imaging Science||4|
|MRI103||Parameters and Options||4|
|MRI104||Instrumentation and Equipment||4|
|MRI105||MRI Screening and Safety||4|
|MRI107||Sectional Anatomy I||4|
|MRI108||Sectional Anatomy II||4|
|MRI201||MR Procedures I||4|
|MRI202||MR Procedures II||4|
|MRI203||MR Procedures III||4|
|MRI204||MR Clinical Externship I||3|
|MRI205||MR Clinical Externship II||3|
|MRI206||MR Clinical Externship III||6|
|MRI207||MR Clinical Externship IV||6|
|MRI208||MR Registry Review||3|
The tuition for the MRI technology program is based on a rate of $395.00 per credit.
|Cost per Credit||108 Credit Hours|