Our Associate of Science in Radiology Technology Program prepares students who wish to pursue entry-level positions as Radiology Technologists in hospitals, diagnostic centers, private physician practices, and clinics.
Our curriculum provides comprehensive, real-life training to succeed in diagnostic imaging. We are proud to say that:
- Those program graduates with associate degrees are eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification examination in Radiography.
- We have partnerships with leading acute care facilities and diagnostic centers throughout our community that provides excellent clinical training experience.
- Med Academy‘s didactic and clinical instructors have years of experience as technologists and educators, specifically in radiology.
Accreditation & License
The Associate of Science in Radiology Technology Program offered by Med Academy is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE), Accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE), and recognized by The American Registry of Radiology Technologists (ARRT).
- Associate of Science
- 24 Months Program Duration
- 96 Credit Hours
- Hybrid Delivery Method
- Financial Aid is available for those who qualify.
Affiliated Clinical Sites
- Hialeah Hospital
- Larkin Community Hospital
- Lakes Radiology
- Vital Imaging Centers
- Universal Imaging
- Medical City
- La Colonia Medical Centers
- Doral Medical Imaging
- Diagnostic Medical Imaging
- Unlimited Diagnostic Center
Radiology Technology as Degree Program Outline
|Class Number||Class Title||Credit Hours|
|HC102||Introduction to Patient Care & Health Professions||6|
|HC103||Medical Ethics, Law & Cultural Diversities||3|
|GC104||General Survey Human Anatomy & Physiology I||6|
|GC105||General Survey Human Anatomy & Physiology II||6|
|RAD101||Introduction to Imaging Sciences||4|
|RAD102||Radiation Physics and Radiobiology||4|
|RAD201||Image Production and Evaluation||6|
|RAD202||Radiographic Procedures and Positioning I||6|
|RAD204||Radiographic Procedures and Positioning II||6|
|RAD205||Special Imaging Procedures and Advanced Modalities||5|
|RAD206C||Clinical Rotation I||8|
|RAD207||Equipment Operations and Quality Assurance||4|
|RAD208||ARRT Registry Review||4|
|RAD209C||Clinical Rotation II||8|
The tuition for the Radiology Technology program is based on a rate of $395.00 per credit.
|Cost per Credit||96 Credit Hours|